PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 regulates the processing of personal data by the data user in a commercial transaction and protects the interest of the data subject.
- Your Consent
- Notice and Choice Principle Statement
- ESSB may be required to collect personal data from you during the course of your dealings with ESSB or for the purpose of ESSB’s business activities. Such personal data may include (but not limited to) name as per identity card, preferred name, identity/passport number, age, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information of your company such as name, registration number and address, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
- The personal data provided by you to ESSB may be processed by ESSB for the following purposes:-
The following statements explain the general terms of Empiric Science Sdn Bhd (“ESSB”) regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by ESSB. ESSB is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
By providing your personal data to ESSB, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by ESSB in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to ESSB, you warrant and represent to ESSB that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by ESSB in the manner set out herein.
- to administer the business or contractual relationship between ESSB and you and/or your company;
- to communicate with you and/or your company;
- to administer customer relationship management procedures;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by ESSB;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between ESSB and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research, study, assessment, survey and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of ESSB’s business activities;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to ESSB, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to ESSB;
- for recruitment of employees;
- for ESSB’s internal record keeping; and/or
- other lawful business activities of ESSB.
- ESSB’s subsidiaries within or outside Malaysia;
- ESSB’s sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined by ESSB to be necessary or appropriate;
- financial institutions for purposes of facilitating payments and/or maintaining financial records in connection with the business or contract relationship between ESSB and you and/or your company;
- government agencies and selected parties within or outside Malaysia including strategic partners that work with ESSB in connection with ESSB’s business activities or any event or programme;
- agents, contractors, auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers of ESSB;
- regulatory bodies, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- any person to whom ESSB is compelled or required to do so under the law; and/or
- our shareholders.
- result in ESSB being unable to administer the business or contractual relationship between ESSB and you and/or your company;
- result in ESSB being unable to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by ESSB; and/or
- result in ESSB being unable to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
ESSB has implemented security policies and technical measures to protect your personal data in accordance with such requirements of the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer the personal data to a third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures.
This statement may be revised and updated from time to time. ESSB recommends that you visit http://bergint.webfactional.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8 to review the most updated version of this statement each time you provide your personal data to ESSB.
If you have any questions about this statement, you may contact ESSB at:-